Champions Summer Camp
Fantastic summer fun that's made for everyone!Kids want to have fun this summer. We'll give them 6 exciting camps to keep them active & engaged.
- Garden Adventures - Learn about all kinds of gardens, including plants, herbs, and flowers.
- Awesome Architects - Create everything that you see in your own city, from bridges to buildings, while learning construction basics.
- World Travelers - Travel across world cultures and learn about different countries through traditional games, toys, and food.
- Science Scouts - Learn things you've always wanted to know about how the world around you works using scientific techniques.
- Splash Sports - Practice sports related skills all in a water-based, non-swimming environment, to keep everyone cool.
- Time Travelers - Consider what life was like at the time of dinosaurs, and dream up what our world might look like in the year 2096.
Dates: June 17th-August 23rd
Location: Wildwood Elementary
Hours: 6:45 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
For more information, please view the summer flyer and calendar!
Intra-County Schools of Choice
Wayne-Westland Community School District will be accepting applications from non-resident families for Intra-County Schools of Choice under Section 105 of the Michigan Department of Education for high schools (grades 9-11), middle schools (grades 7 and 8), upper elementary schools (grades 5 and 6), and elementary schools (grades K-4) for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Students must be residents of Wayne County.
- Applications will be accepted through August 23, 2013 (or until openings are filled) at the District's Administrative Offices at 36745 Marquette in Westland.
Wayne-Westland Community School District's schools provide up-to-date technology and resource centers, completely renovated buildings, and 100% Highly Qualified Teachers. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your student.
Applications are available to download by clicking on the District's website using this link: http://wwcsd.net/intra-county-schools-of-choice/ and clicking on Intra-County Schools of Choice application link under "Resources" You will also need to provide an "ICSOC Affirmation of Discipline." You will find Frequently Asked Questions and their Answers on the same page. For additional information you may contact Wayne-Westland Community Schools at 734-419-2083, or by stopping in at the Administrative Offices in the Instruction Department at 36745 Marquette Street, Westland, Michigan 48185.
First Fuel For School
Children who eat breakfast in school do better in math and miss fewer class days, according to a new national study released last week. The study analyzed national demographic data to learn that children who eat school breakfast score an average of 17.5 percent higher on math tests. Also, students who eat school breakfast attend class an average of 1.5 days more per year. The report found that the combination of higher attendance and increased math scores means kids who eat school breakfast are 20 percent more likely to graduate high school.
State Superintendent Mike Flanagan celebrates National School Breakfast Week with a new challenge to local schools. Watch the podcast:
Download FREE packets that your child can use to "Stop Brain Freeze." There is a packet for each grade level (K-5) with short activities they can do each day of break focusing on reading, writing, and math.
Community Resources - Parents please check out this page of resources from Taft-Galloway's Social Worker.
Bedtime Math - making math a fun part of kids' everyday lives. This website provides three levels of a daily math problem for parents to share with their children along with answers.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TaftElementary
School Traffic Flow Maps
Click on the link below to view a gallery of images that will provide valuable information regarding the flow of traffic in each of our school parking lots.
School Traffic Flow Maps